We are excited to announce the dates of our 24 hour Soccer Marathon on January 8th & 9th to benefit Special Olympics as well as our FC BOSTON Scholarship Fund. We are partnering with Firstgiving again to allow players to create their own fundraising page using their web based tools. We will award some great prizes to the top fundraiser, the team who raises the most, the coach who raises the most and others.
THIS IS A CLUB-WIDE EVENT FOR BOYS AND GIRLS OF ALL AGES
Plan on playing indoor soccer with other FC Boston players in your age group for 1-2 hours over that weekend.
Save the dates! JANUARY 8/9, 2016. We will launch the Firstgiving site next week so you can create your fundraising page and start spreading the word!
Its easy to set up a fundraising page online using Firstgiving. Receipts are automatically sent to each donor. Every donation is 100% tax deductible. Check with your employer as many will offer matching gifts. This event is our most significant fundraiser for the FC BOSTON Scholarship Fund and for Special Olympics Massachusetts. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to set up your fundraising page, then send it out to your contact list.
FirstGiving Fundraising Website Info:
- Step 1) http://www.firstgiving.com/fcboston and then click on GREEN BUTTON labeled START FUNDRAISING. This will allow you to select 24 hour soccer marathon and create your own fundraising page. If you created a webpage for last year's event, you will need to create a new one this year as this is a different event.
- Step 2) Create Your Account - Complete the name, address, email section and create a password and click the green button labeled NEXT OR Login to the account you used last year.
- Step 3) Join a team - select the name of your Bolts team or Alumni or whichever team you will fundraise for and select NEXT to create a fundraising page to share with others
- Step 4) Create a Page - Upload a photo or video; tell a story about yourself and the Bolts or Special Olympics, enter your fundraising goal; you can make a donation and click on green button labeled NEXT
- Step 5) Congratulations! You've created a fundraising page. Be sure to customize your thank you email, select the link to Ask for Donations, enter your contact list of email addresses, and send it to relatives, friends, co-workers, clients, neighbors, etc.
Checks should be made payable to FC Boston and mailed to PO Box 50 Waban, MA 02468. We accept credit cards too - MC, Visa, Discover, Amex, eCheck
Donors are asked to join a team when they donate. We will post a "Leader Board" for individuals and track fundraising by team as well. The system automatically generates a thank you message, as well as a receipt to be used for tax purposes when you set that up. ALL DONATIONS ARE 100% TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
We've got some awesome prizes we'll be awarding to the top teams & players....so there's incentive to start fundraising early.