SCORPION BOWL CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS
Date of Event: April 13-15, 2017
ALL TEAMS MUST CHOOSE ONE OF THE TWO OPTIONS TO COMPLETE MANDATORY CHECK-IN
Option 1: CHECK-IN VIA GOTSOCCER
- Deadline: Friday, April 7, 2017 by 5:00 PM (Eastern Time) NO EXCEPTIONS
- Teams that complete online registration will receive a Confirmation Email by Monday, April 10, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Confirmation Email will be sent to the email address listed as “Primary Contact” for this specific event. Please do not send individual inquiries prior to the deadline.
- ROSTER UPDATES (If applicable):
- Must notify Jessica via email at email@example.com. After confirmation of your initial check-in, your roster is locked and you will need to contact Jessica to confirm your updated roster.
- Online registration documents must include:
- Team Information Sheet
- State/Club Approved Roster (NOT the GotSoccer roster)
- Current Player Cards
- Permission to Travel form – If outside of Region 1 (See Commonly Asked Questions)
Directions to Complete Online Check-In:
- Fill out and save the PDF labeled “Team Information Sheet” [CLICK HERE]
- NOTE: Mac users - Please fill out form using Adobe Reader and NOT Preview
- Teams must provide state/club approved roster and current player cards, including guest player cards [SCAN FRONT].
- Submission process:
- SCAN each document.
- SAVE each document type as an individual PDF as they will be uploaded separately.
- Please use descriptive titles so you will know which files to upload.
- Please upload all player cards as one PDF document.
- UPLOAD the documents to GotSoccer
- Log in to your team’s GotSoccer page with your username and password.
- Select 2017 FC Boston Scorpion Bowl Tournament.
- Select the “Documents” tab.
- Select the labels from the drop-down list in the “Team Document Upload” box and upload the appropriate files.
Option 2: CHECK-IN ON-SITE
- Date: Friday 4/14/2017
- Time: 230-6PM
- Location: ForeKicks Taunton 223 Fremont St. Taunton, MA in the meeting room
Friday April 14, 2017 at MYSA Progin Park in Lancaster, MA see Jessica Gillespie at the building pavilion.
On-site Check-In Required Documents:
- Two copies of your State Association, League, or US Club approved roster
- Current player passes for all members of the team (including guest players)
- Medical release forms for all members of the team (including guest players)
- Guest players full name, unique jersey number, player identification number and date of birth to the bottom of the existing approved roster
- Permission to Travel form, IF OUTSIDE OF REGION 1 (SEE COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS BELOW)
Commonly Asked Questions
How do I add a guest player?
Step 1: OBTAIN the guest player’s card and medical release form.
Step 2: ADD the guest player by handwriting full name, unique jersey number, player identification number, and date of birth to the bottom of the existing approved roster.
Step 3: SCAN and COMBINE into a PDF document (online only).
Can I have different player passes from different organizations?
Mixed rosters will NOT be allowed – NO exceptions. US Club teams may only take a guest player registered under US Club Soccer. USYSA teams may only take guest players registered with properly stamped USYSA player pass cards.
How do I add a guest player after I submitted my online registration?
Prior to the online check-in deadline, you will need to upload an updated roster with the guest player's information on it (jersey #, name, birth date, player ID #) and upload their player card (either separately or with the rest). Inform Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org once that has been completed. After the online check-in deadline has passed, a team manager or coach must attend on-site check-in to add a guest player to their team’s roster.
Permission to travel forms are NOT required for teams in Region 1, which includes the following
states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York
East/West, Pennsylvania East/West, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
What if I cannot personally make it to on-site check-in?
Any representative of the team (coach, assistant coach, manager, or parent) may complete the check-in process.
Tournament Check-In Contact: email@example.com